MAURICUS BROWN

MAURICUS BROWN

Good people of the internet,

What a time to be alive. Someone once said that life consists of 10% of the things that we cannot prevent; the other 90% is how one responds to that 10%.  As I approach my 28th year on earth, I have learned that this statement is true.  My collective experiences have led me to understand that a positive attitude, even in a negative situation, will breed positive results. This truth is a driving factor in how I try to conduct my life.  If you were to pause and assess a negative situation, generally you notice things are not bad as they seem. And I hope the Insanity Podcast can serve as your “pause” - which really is just a very human conversation from a couple of buddies doing their best to make sense of life. At this time, my hope and belief is that life’s toughest challenges will be overcome if we simply work together.

We the human species, are gifted with the opportunity to be critical thinkers. From the pyramids to the internet today, this skill has allowed mankind to achieve great wonders. However we have yet to achieve the greatest wonder of all. That wonder is Peace.  If The Insanity Podcast can persuade some people living on the edge to move towards a more peaceful co-existence, then Micah, Tyler and myself will have accomplished our goal. 

Thank you all for downloading and listening!

Mauricus

February 4, 2016

 
 
Micah Caskey

Micah Caskey

Hello America. Hello World. Hello non-earthlings?

Thanks for joining us and we’re glad that you found the Insanity Podcast.  I’m not entirely sure that we know what we’re getting into, but I know that I can’t keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result.  Sure, it’s only conversation today, but maybe someone listens to an episode and feels inspired to go do something awesome?

In my mind, conversation is how we begin to understand one another.  Conversation is how we understand life.  Conversation is how we connect with one another.  Conversation is how we build bridges. There are lots of ways to connect, and conversation is only one, but I think it’s worth doing.  

My hope is that by talking openly and honestly, we can build some bridges.  My hope is that our conversations may make it easier for other people to confront the issues that surround us all.  I think we’ll spend a lot of time talking politics, but I think you’ll find that this show is really Mauricus and I talking life.  

Life is both what we experience individually and collectively. John Donne famously wrote, “[n]o man is an island unto himself.” And like 17th century British literature, life only makes sense after you understand it.  We’re here trying to understand life -- the good, the bad, and the insane.  

We don’t have to agree, we just have to care.

Micah

February 4, 2016